For starters, Airbnb’s policy on cameras states that a host must “disclose all surveillance devices in their listings,” and that hosts are required to “disclose if an active recording is taking place.”
- Security reason to prevent theft, vandalism or extortion
- Authenticity: to make sure the right guests’ check-in the right listing
- To protect property like cars by the gate entrance
- May lose some amount of potential guests because they can’t accept surveillance camera in place
- Hosts have to disclose all surveillance devices in the listings, require that hosts indicate its presence in your House Rules
- If a host discloses the device after booking, Airbnb will allow the guest to cancel the reservation and receive a refund. Host cancellation penalties may apply
To hosts: before you list your house, please consider what is more important for you. To make guests happy or make them safe?